9.11.2012

NEWS: Student Teaching!

After some time off after summer camp and a life-changing week at Burning Man, student teaching is finally underway!

Throughout the semester I will be taking on more of the responsibilities and challenges of teaching art for sixth through eighth grade at JLS (Jane Lathrop Stanford Middle School) in Palo Alto. This was my absolute first choice for a placement and I could not be more thrilled. Julie Brown, my supervising teacher, has been an art educator there for the last 23 years and has an endless array of information to share with me. I am focusing on building relationships with my students, supporting individuals and familiarizing myself with the school culture, before diving into teaching my own lessons as the term progresses.

I will be documenting a lot of my experience here, so do stay tuned please! Here are some images of some Art A kids working on their sunflower paintings.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...